1. Entry is open to all NSW practising artists working in any textile media. Works must be original in design to be eligible for selection.
2. Entries must be received by 5pm (EST) 5 August 2018.
3. A non-refundable entry fee of $40.00 per artwork or $60.00 for a maximum of 2 works submitted.
4. All work submitted must be created after 1 March 2016.
5. Maximum size is 100 ( W ) x 100 cm ( H ). Variable of size limit will be considered, contact Curator Soraya Abidin at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submission.
6. For artwork requiring difficult or unusual installation methods, the artist is advised they will be required to oversee installation of the work and to discuss requirements with exhibition curator, Soraya Abidin prior to submission.
7. Artist should submit 2 images for each work – one image of the whole work and one detail. Images must be 1MG high-resolution JPG format at 300dpi. JPG files must include the following details as the file name: surname-first name-title of work.jpg.
8. Images, 400 word Bio/Artist Statement and completed entry form and fee payment should be submitted at www.seedstitch.com.au
9. All submitted works will be included in an exhibition slide show and ADC online gallery.
10. Works shortlisted by the curating judging panel will be included in an exhibition at the ADC 5 October –14 November 2018.
11. Exhibition Curator reserves the right to reject an entry if considered not to meet the criteria for entry. The Curator’s decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
12. Exhibition curator reserves the right to reject work on delivery that is not a true representation of the images submitted.
13. Selected works must be delivered Thursday & Friday, 28 September 2018 between 10am – 4pm. Australian Design Centre Gallery, located on 101—115 William Street (Entrance on the Cnr of William & Palmer St) Darlinghurst.
14. Works must be collected Friday 16 November 10am – 4pm, at same address. It is the artist responsibility to pack and collect the works or authorise a nominated person.
15. Freight to and from the ADC and transit insurance are the responsibility of the entrant.
16. All works are exhibited at the artist’s own risk. SSCTA and ADC take no responsibility for any damage on delivery, during the exhibition and return of artwork.
17. Sale of Work
17a. The Artist must supply an Artist Price excluding GST. A commission will then be added to the Artist Price by the Centre, to reach the Sales Price. The Sales Price split between Artist and the Centre is 70%/30%. The Centre collects 10% GST on top of all Sales Prices on behalf of the ATO.
17b. If the Artist is registered for GST, once an artwork is sold, the Centre will pay to the Artist the Artist Price plus GST. The Centre will make payment once a valid tax invoice is received from the Artist including ABN.
17c. If not registered for GST, upon sale of your artwork, the Centre will pay to the Artist the Artist Price only. The Centre will make payment once a valid tax invoice is received from the Artist clearly stating “Not Registered for GST”. The invoice should also show the Artist’s ABN. If the Artist does not have an ABN, they will be required to complete a Statement by Supplier (SBS). You can view the form HERE.
18. Authorise the reproduction of images of work and extracts from the artist’s statement to be displayed on the SSCTA and ADC website, publicity and associated publications related to the Award.