Seed Stitch Collective, in partnership with Australian Design Centre (ADC), is calling for submissions from NSW textile artists to take part in the inaugural Seed Stitch Contemporary Textile Awards (SSCTA). An exhibition of shortlisted works will be held at ADC during Sydney Craft Week in October 2018.
SSCTA seek submissions from textile artists at any stage of their career residing in NSW to participate in the awarded exhibition hosted at ADC’s William Street gallery in Sydney.
SSCTA is an open competition aimed at recognising the highly skilled and diverse textile artists of NSW.
SUBMISSIONS OPEN 5 May 2018
DEADLINE 3 August 2018
Seed Stitch Contemporary Textile Awards are a new and exciting exhibition highlighting the abundance of Textile artists in NSW. This year Seed Stitch Collective collaborates with the Australian Design Centre in the award exhibition to show case the progressive art form of Textiles.
IMPORTANT DATES 2018
|Closing date for submission of entries||Friday 3 August, 5pm (Est)|
|Notification of shortlisted artists||Friday 31August|
|Delivery of artworks for exhibition||Thursday 27 & Friday 28th September From 10am to 4pm.|
|Exhibition duration at ADC||5 October – 14 November|
|Official Opening and Award presentation||Friday 5 October, 6-8pm|
|Collection of artworks||Friday 16 November
From 10am to 4pm
– SSCTA submission are open to NSW textile artists at any stage of their career.
– Submission of works must be supported by a 400 word Bio/Artist Statement describing the concept and technique of your submitted work/s.
TIPS FOR SUBMISSIONS
SSCTA are looking a combined Bio/Artist Statement with the following elements to be included:
– Artist history/highlights.
– Description of medium used.
– Your practice or processes.
– How your work may relate to the history and origin of textiles and/or fibre.
– Originality and innovation in subject and design process.
*For tips when writing your Bio/Artist Statement go to,
– Seed Stitch Contemporary Textile Award
– The Australian Design Centre Award
– Skein Sisters Yarn Innovation Award
– Seed Stitch Collective Award
Seed Stitch Contemporary Textiles Award
$1000.00 cash prize sponsored by the Skein Sisters, awarded to the artwork that displays outstanding originality and innovation.
The Australian Design Centre Award
Opportunity to exhibit in ADC’s window gallery Object Space 2019. In consultation with ADC. https://australiandesigncentre.com/object-space/
Skein Sisters Yarn Innovation Award
$250.00 gift voucher and $250.00 cash, awarded to artwork that best displays an innovative use of yarn. https://www.skeinsisters.com.au/
Seed Stitch Collective Award
Membership opportunity and invitation to exhibit in the SSC exhibition 2019
Soraya Abidin – Artistic Director Seed Stitch Collective
Lisa Cahill – CEO & Artistic Director Australian Design Centre
Associate Professor Liz Williamson – UNSW | Art & Design